Effective Date: MARCH 21, 2022
Last Updated: MARCH 21, 2022
Table of Contents
- About Arrakis
- Personal Information We Collect
- How We Collect Personal Information
- How We Use Personal Information
- How We Share Personal Information
- External Links
- What Choices Do I Have Regarding My Personal Information
- Your California Privacy Rights
- Children Under 13
- Legal Disclaimer
- Contact Us
- Changes to this Policy
1. About Arrakis
At Arrakis we provide sales and marketing teams with information about healthcare organizations and professionals to help them distribute products and services which could benefit patients, providers, and healthcare organizations. We collect Personal Information (defined below) about healthcare professionals and create profiles (“Healthcare Professional Profiles”) to enable our customers to connect.
2. Personal Information We Collect
We collect information that identifies, describes, or is reasonably capable of being associated with an individual (“Personal Information”). Note that Personal Information does not include publicly available information from government records, de-identified information, or aggregated information. We collect and use certain types of Personal Information for various reasons as described below (How We Use Personal Information). We collect the following categories and types of Personal Information:
Identifiers, such as name, cell phone number, IP address, and email address.
Professional or employment-related information, such as job titles, public LinkedIn profile information, organization address, provider specialty, and healthcare services offered.
3. How We Collect Personal Information
We create Healthcare Professional Profiles based on information we collect from various sources, including: Other companies (via licenses). Publicly-available sources on the web. Through surveys and interviews. We also collect Personal Information: Directly from our customers or healthcare professionals if they choose to provide it (e.g., as a user of our platform, or when our customers or healthcare professionals reach out to us with a request, communication, or complaint). Note that we do not sell this Personal Information.
Automatically about users of our site through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we combine this information with other information we collect, including Personal Information. Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” below for more information.
4. How We Use Personal Information
We use Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To provide, maintain, and improve our Site and Services.
- To verify and update Healthcare Professional Profiles as part of our Services.
- To create inferences from the Personal Information in the Healthcare Professional Profile.
- To communicate with our customers about the use of our Services, to respond to inquiries, and for other customer service purposes.
- To better understand how users access and use our Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis.
- To comply with legal obligations, as part of our general business operations, and for other business administration purposes.
Contact Form. On our website we only collect Personal Information that is voluntarily provided by a website visitor via the Contact Form. Required fields include: first name, last name, and email. Optional fields include phone number and any additional information you want to provide. We use this information to reach out to individuals interested in learning more about Arrakis.
5. How We Share Personal Information
We may share Personal Information, as follows:
- Customers. We make Healthcare Professional Profiles available to our customers.
- Service Providers. We may disclose the Personal Information we collect to service providers, contractors, or agents who perform functions on our behalf. These service providers include cloud hosting providers, email providers, law firms, consultants, etc.
We also disclose information in the following circumstances:
- Business Transfers. If (i) we or our affiliates are or may be acquired by, merged with, or invested in by another company, or (ii) if any of our assets are or may be transferred to another company, whether as part of a bankruptcy or insolvency proceeding or otherwise, we may transfer Personal Information we have collected to the other company. As part of the business transfer process, we may share certain Personal Information with lenders, auditors, and third-party advisors, including attorneys and consultants.
- In Response to Legal Process. We disclose Personal Information to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- To Protect Us and Others. We disclose Personal Information when we believe it is appropriate to do so to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or this Policy, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate, anonymized, or de-identified information about users with third-parties for marketing, advertising, research, or similar purposes.
Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your device’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Site and Services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at our Site and Service. There are two types of cookies: session and persistent cookies.
Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your device when you close your browser or turn off your device. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Site and Services. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Site and Services.
Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your device after you have closed your browser or turned off your device. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity.
Ad Choices and Control. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site and Services who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site, but some features may not function. To opt-out of interest-based advertising by participating companies in the following consumer choice mechanisms, please visit: Digital Advertising Alliance’s self-regulatory opt-out page (http://optout.aboutads.info/) and mobile application-based “AppChoices” download page (https://youradchoices.com/appchoices)European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance’s consumer opt-out page (http://youronlinechoices.eu)Network Advertising Initiative’s self-regulatory opt-out page (http://optout.networkadvertising.org/)
Do-Not-Track. Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies).
7. External Links
Our Site and Services may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third-party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third-party websites.
8. What Choices Do I Have Regarding My Personal Information?
We provide individuals with the following privacy rights. In order to exercise a right we may require you to verify your identity by providing certain Personal Information to us. To verify your identity please provide us with your name and email address. If we are unable to verify your identity, we may request additional information. If we are still unable to verify your identity after a good faith attempt, we may deny the request.
Correct your Personal Information. You can request we correct your Personal Information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. Please include “Personal Information Update” in the subject line of your email so we can track your request.
Delete. You can request that we delete your Personal Information by using our privacy rights request form here.
Opt-Out of Sale. You can opt-out of the sale of your Personal Information to our customers by using our privacy rights request form here. If you opt-out of sale we may continue to maintain your Personal Information for internal purposes, but it will not provide it as a Healthcare Professional Profile to our customers.
Opt-Out of Promotional Emails. We may send periodic promotional emails to our customers or potential customers. Recipients may opt-out of promotional emails by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving promotional emails, we may still send you emails about your account or any services you have requested or received from us. Please note – we cannot opt out healthcare professionals from emails they may receive from our customers. Please use the opt-out instructions contained in the email received from our customer or contact the customer directly.
9. Your California Privacy Rights
Currently, we are not yet subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, 2018. However, we will honor privacy rights requests as described above (What Choices Do I Have Regarding My Personal Information).
Your Privacy Rights Under the California Shine the Light. California residents who provide us certain Personal Information are entitled to request and obtain from us, free of charge, information about the Personal Information (if any) we have shared with third parties for their own direct marketing use. Such requests may be made once per calendar year for information about any relevant third-party sharing in the prior calendar year. California residents can submit a “Shine the Light” request by using the contact information below under Contact Us. Please include in the request a current California address and an attestation that you are a California resident.
10. Children Under 13
Our Services are not designed for children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our systems.
11. Legal Disclaimer
- Comply with federal, state, or local laws;
- Comply with a civil, criminal, or regulatory inquiry, investigation, subpoena, or summons by federal, state, or local authorities;
- Cooperate with law enforcement agencies concerning conduct or activity that we reasonably and in good faith believe may violate federal, state, or local law;
- Exercise or defend legal claims;
- Detect security incidents and protect against fraudulent or illegal activity and prosecute those responsible for such activity; or
- Transfer Personal Information as part of a merger or acquisition, dissolution, bankruptcy, or any other transaction in which a third party assumes control of all or part of our business.
12. Contact Us
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at email@example.com.
13. Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on our Site. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the Personal Information we have previously collected from you we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site.